Monday, February 9, 2009

On the bright side, it hurt less than childbirth.

I'm no stranger to emergency rooms. I've had more stitches than Frankenstein and during my formative (clumsier) years I was practically on a first-name basis with the ER doctors at my hometown hospital. In my adult years I've been much less prone to injury (with the exception of a few altercations with sharp objects in the workplace and in the kitchen), allowing my husband to assume the title of "most likely to crash and burn". So when I performed a post-crash personal assessment on myself yesterday at Powder Mountain and discovered that my shoulder had crunchy stuff inside it, I was stunned. This sort of thing doesn't happen to ME! But it did, and a glorious first-of-the-season day of snowboarding was cut short (ok, an entire season of snowboarding has been cut short). I will rest and I will heal and I will get back on my snowboard and I can't wait to ride again. Meanwhile I'm too much of a wimp to try and take my shirt off and I'm really starting to stink. If you want to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for Brandon!

2 comments:

Leanna said...

Ummmm! Hurt!

langenheim said...

Do they still have those...whatever they are...brace things that sling over your shoulders and do absolutely nothing but make you stink? grrrr. and every time you move, your bones grind? i hope they've made some progress in the 15 years since i broke mine. boooooooo. probably not. sorry brandon. broken stuff sucks for everyone.