Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Julie the Acrobat


We LOVE snowboarding. I've been snowboarding with Julie for 12 years. She's good and can hang with all the shreddenist fools! Her first major injury in her snowboarding career occurred yesterday at Powder Mountain on the randomest of traverses. Bad light and woop-tee-doos sent her for a loop and she ended up upside down and breaking her collar bone. They always say "it's not if, but when". Well, it happened. Julie, being Julie, talked about the last time she had a major injury and that it put a damper on her fun times. That was when she was 11 and ran through a plate glass window at a Howard Johnson's (had to have a tendon repaired and lots of stitches) and kept her and her brothers from going swimming. While I was with her for an hour before the ski patrol showed up with a snowmobile to take her down, she kept saying how pissed she was that she couldn't keep riding and find the sweet turns that we were searching for. It was a scary experience, but I thank the Powder Mountain Ski Patrol for their expertise and making sure my lovely lady got off the mountain and we were able to get her help. However, nobody worry their little bones, because I know my lady and she will be shredding the Nar Nar before you know it! ;)

1 comment:

Jason S. Alexander said...

OH MY! I wish I could be there to pamper you darling! Hang in there love, I will be sending all sorts of healing bone vibes! Just know, I'll be sitting out the ski season with you...
xoxo, nicki