Thursday, August 20, 2009

A smidgen of recognition

This was the first year that our local paper allowed electronic submission of entries for their photo contest. On a whim I sent in this picture I took of Brandon and Joie fishing on Boulder Mountain back when I was pregnant with Gavin. It didn't win, but out of 147 entries it was one of a dozen or so that got published in the paper.
And on another positive note, Brandon found out yesterday that his company is keeping him on until October 31st (as opposed to the original August 31st layoff date). That gives him/us a little more time to find another job and/or get our ducks in a row to start our consulting business back up again. Meanwhile I will be increasing my work hours at USU from 20/week to 30/week starting September 1st.

2 comments:

Peggy Wood said...

I'm happy for the reprieve, even if it's only temporary. Lots of things could happen within the span of 2 more months. And congrats on the photo. If I were the judge, it would have won!

Karen Lynn said...

Oh goodness that is good to hear. I'm sad you even have to get your ducks in a row...thinking about you all. love the pic and you guys. nicki