Wednesday, September 28, 2011

REWIND: Chicago Trip

Back in August we flew to Chicago to spend time with my family.  Brandon had to go to Naperville for work, so we decided it would be a good time to get all four of us there at once.  We flew in on a Thursday and spent a couple of fun days at my brother David's house playing with my niece and nephew Evelyn and Isaac (and their toys!) before surprising my folks at E & I's birthday party on Saturday.  Mom and Pop had no idea we would be there and they were definitely surprised!  I wish we had better pictures of their faces when they came in and were greeted by an enthusiastic Gavin.  Brandon could only stay for a few days but the kids and I stayed on until Wednesday. It's not often we get all of us in one place at the same time, so we made sure to get a "Wood Family" picture with my folks and my two brothers and their families.
We packed in some good quality play time with the kids' cousins, including visits to playgrounds and a water park.  We also managed to get downtown Chicago where we watched the Air and Water show from my cousin Cam's Lake Shore Drive/North Avenue apartment.  To see more pictures, CLICK HERE.

No comments: