Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloweeny Good Times

We had a full day on Saturday. We started out at home, then went to Ogden and checked out the trains at Union Station. We decided to see what the Train Museum had to offer and I must say, it was pretty neat! Gavin's favorite part was the wooden toy train set (it got ugly when we decided it was time to move on from that area) but my favorite part was the model railroads. The displays were many and elaborate and SO detailed. We met up with Paula for lunch at Rooster's, then went to Brooke's house for the better part of the afternoon. Max joined me and Brandon and Gavin for some earlybird trick-or-treating before Brandon and I snuck away to an adult Halloween party at our friends Angela and Allen's house in Layton. Angela doesn't mess around when she throws a party. Four giant platters of sushi, an in-house professional makeup artist, and lots of spooky high-end cocktails. Suffice it to say it took me a little while to get going this morning. Thank goodness for Brandon and Brooke (and that extra daylight savings hour) or we never would have been ready for Gavin's birthday party at noon.

1 comment:

Pop said...

I'm happy to see Brandon in the beer girl and Underdog costumes. A true environmental engineer understands the concept of reusing and recycling! This comment is from Mom but I'm too lazy to change the settings.