Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Family Gathering

Only about once a year do we have the whole Wood family together for a photo op. Brandon, Gavin and I traveled to Chicago last week for my new niece Evelyn's baptism. Its always a treat to be able to see my two brothers and their families, but meeting Evelyn for the first time was the icing on the cake. While we were there we also got to see our friends the Hegdes who drove all the way from Grand Rapids to visit with us, as well as a couple of my cousins and their kids who we seldom see. I think we made the most of the 6 days we had. The top picture is missing my grandma Irene, who was also a major reason for our visit. Gram is 92 and is the strongest woman I've ever known. She doesn't get around so well these days, but she's still alive and kicking (some days harder than others) and is proud to have won the title of "Most Great-Grandchildren" at the Devonshire retirement community where she lives. The picture below was taken following Evelyn's baptism ceremony.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Way to go grandma! That is so totally awesome you guys all got together. Glad you guys had a good time!